Welcome To Our Official Website
Susperia is back!
- We Are the Ones -
Susperia is back! And here it is, the much anticipated and talked about anniversary album, celebrating 10 years of album releases, available on the once in a lifetime special date of 11.11.11.
This album marks 10 years of releases, and at the same time a nice end of a circle where Mustis (ex-Dimmu Borgir), who participated on Susperias first demo in 1999, now returns after 12 years to once again put his magical touch on new, as well as old songs. A very fruitful cooperation which now has led to some fantastic re-recordings of some very popular, classic songs, now in complete symphonic versions. A brand new song has been recorded, with a massive orchestral theme. The contribution to this years Eurovision Song Contest is of course featured. And to round up a celebratory album of this magnitude the right way, here it is finally, the entire infamous demo recording from 1999; “Illusions Of Evil” ! Remastered and officially released for the very first time.
Øyvind “Mustis” Mustaparta has been a guest musician in the band for a period of 6 months, and the result of this junction is finally ready. Really just a huge celebration of the long-time brotherhood of the band, and an even bigger thank you to the devoted fans worldwide
What contributes to making this album so special now is the fact that Susperia, in their 12 year existence, have had the same line-up of members, without exception. This is very rare, and quite special not only in the metal genre, but in the whole music industry in general. Especially within bands consisting of 5 or more members.
This will also be vocalist Athera`s first release with Susperia since the near fatal heart attack in March 2009, and the following open heart surgery.
In total this is the 7th release from Susperia.
Tracklist “WE ARE THE ONES” :
1. We are the Ones – New song composed with Mustis 2011
2. Devil May Care (Orchestral version 2011) – Originally from “Unlimited” 2004
3. The Bitter Man (Orchestral version 2011) – Originally from “Vindication” 2002
4. Cut From Stone (Orchestral version 2011) – Originally from “Cut From Stone” 2007
5. Nothing Remains – Eurovision Song Contest contribution 2011
The 1999 “Illusions Of Evil” Demo remastered:
6. The Hellchild (DEMO version 1999) – Re-recorded on “Predominance” 2001
7. Illusions Of Evil (DEMO version 1999) – Re-recorded on “Predominance”
8. Of Hate We Breed (DEMO version 1999) – Re-recorded on “Predominance”
9. The Coming Of a Darker Time (DEMO version 1999) – Re-recorded on “Predominance”
10. Behind Consecrated Walls (DEMO version 1999) – Only previously released in studio album version in South Korea as bonus track on “Predominance”